Societal Impacts of Research
Societal impacts are the ways that research, or the process of conducting research, influence the world beyond academia. The following resources provide information on understanding the societal impact of research, and how to demonstrate and document the societal relevance of research.
- Webinar by Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS) investigators: Identifying and Reporting the Societal Impacts of Your Research.
- Advancing Research Impacts in Society
- Edwards, David M, and Laura R Meagher. 2019. A framework to evaluate the impacts of research on policy and practice: A forestry pilot study. Forest Policy and Economics:101975.
- Spaapen, Jack, and Leonie van Drooge. 2011. Introducing 'productive interactions' in social impact assessment. Research Evaluation 20 (3):211-218.
- Reed, Mark S. 2018. The Research Impact Handbook. 2nd ed: Fast Track Impact.